Prof. Dr. Konrad Rieck
Research Group Lead
Konrad Rieck is a professor at TU Berlin, where he leads the Chair of Machine Learning and Security as part of the Berlin Institute for the Foundations of Learning and Data (BIFOLD). Previously, he held academic positions at TU Braunschweig, the University of Göttingen, and Fraunhofer Institute FIRST. His research focuses on the intersection of computer security and machine learning. He has published over 100 papers in this area and serves on the PCs of the top security conferences (aka the system security circus).
- ERC Consolidator Grant: "MALFOY: Machine Learning for Offensive Computer Security"
- Excellence Cluster CASA: "TELLY: Testing the Limits of Machine Learning in Vulnerability Discovery
- Excellent Cluster CASA: "PACO: Analysis and Discovery of Parser-Confusion Vulnerabilities"
- DFG Project: "ALISON: Attacks against Machine Learning in Structured Domains"
- USENIX Security Distinguished Paper Award 2022
- ERC Consolidator Grant 2021
- AISEC Best Paper Award 2021
- Winner of Microsoft MLSEC competition 2020
- LehrLeo: Best Lecture at TU Braunschweig 2019
- LehrLeo: Best Lab Course at TU Braunschweig 2019
- German Prize for IT-Security 2016 (2nd Place)
- DIMVA Best Paper Award 2016
- Google Faculty Research Award 2014
- ACSAC Outstanding Paper Award 2012
- CAST/GI Dissertation Award IT-Security 2010
- Intelligent Security Systems
- Attack Detection and Prevention
- Malware and Vulnerability Analysis
- Adversarial Machine Learning
- BMBF Plattform Lernende Systeme
- European Laboratory for Learning and Intelligent Systems (ELLIS)
- Gesellschafft für Informatik
- Forum InformatikerInnen für Frieden und gesellschaftliche Verantwortung